No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do your life's best work.(sm)
Team member to perform activities required to support a large, complex 24x7 Unix / Linux based computing environment. Utilize customer service skills while acting as a technical resource to internal departments and system users. Use technical skills to proactively support and resolve operational issues. Hands on role responsible for maintaining and enhancing Unix / Linux server performance, reliability and scalability. Develop innovative approaches and solutions to solve problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and / or abilities required.
- Provide advanced system administration, operational support and problem resolution for a complex Unix / Linux computing environment, including both virtualized and physical servers
- Review and evaluate virtual and physical server performance and capacity
- Use change management process
- Comply with all audit, compliance, and regulatory requirements.
- Forecast system demands and recommend upgrades, expansion and reconfigurations
- Perform hardware / software installations, maintenance/support and documentation of operating procedures and processes
- Perform Unix / Linux administration including changes, deletes, disk space management and security patching
- Troubleshoot hardware and software problems; take appropriate corrective action and/or interact with IT staff or vendors in performing complex testing, support, server recovery, and troubleshooting functions
- Stay in tune with new technologies
- Support on call, weekend and off hours work as needed; shift work required
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 7+ years of experience in Unix / Linux systems installation, operations, administration and maintenance
- 7+ years of experience with Unix shell and standard utilities, and common Unix / Linux security tools
- In depth system administration knowledge and skills of RedHat Linux
- Linux security patching
- General working knowledge of NAS, SAN, and networking
- RedHat certifications
- Experience with RedHat Satellite or similar
- Experience with RedHat LDAP services
- Experience with PowerBroker Password Safe
- Experience with Ansible-Tower
- Experience with CyberArk
- Experience with AIX
- Ability to work effectively with clients, technical staff, consultants and vendors
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Unix, Linux, IT, Schaumburg, IL, Illinois, Minnesota, MN